A whole unit focussed on calculating the surface area and volume of prisms and cylinders. Uses metric measurements.
Includes printable worksheets, two tests (one using rubrics and one multiple choice), triangular prism nets and all answers.
Unit includes worksheets such as
1) Converting area and volume units
2) Calculating volume of prisms and cylinders
3) Hands-on activities measuring volume and surface area
4) Calculating surface area of prisms and cylinders
5) Calculating dimensions given a volume.
Includes a unit plan with suggestions and tips.
This unit is a perfect fit for the Ontario curriculum at a grade 8 level.