A set of 10 ready to use worksheets and task cards on suspense story writing.
After working with these worksheets students will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of the techniques that create sustaining suspense.
- Analyse plot diagram for a suspense story.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of suspense in writing.
This download includes worksheets on:
- Matching the lesson vocabulary with their meanings.
- Writing what most likely would happen next to given scenes.
- Using the graphic organizer to plan and narrate a small suspense story.
- Reading the story, “Velvet Ribbon” to visualize final scene.
- Demonstrating the skill of suspense in writing.
- Reading the instruction and selecting the appropriate answer.
- Thinking of an alternate ending with suspense to the given story.
- Thinking of a story, “The Student Who Cried Teacher” to pull a false alarm.
- Choosing a set of three elements to write a suspense story.
- Writing a suspense story on given situation.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: