This bundle includes a variety of activities for you to do when teaching syllables. We do syllable work each week. Please see the document at the end for some oral based quick syllable ideas too that you can use in your classroom.
The 10 activities in this pack include:
- Syllable flashcards or syllable picture sorting cards (60 cards)
- A syllable poster- 'A syllable is a beat in a word'.
- 1, 2, 3, and 4 syllable posters with clapping as a visual reminder for students.
- Peg cards for students look at the picture and peg how many syllables either 1, 2 or 3 syllables.
- Counter cards blank. Students look at the picture and place that many counters in the table to represent how many syllables in the word. .
- Circle the syllables worksheet, where students look at the picture, clap the word and circle how many syllables are in each word (2 worksheets with 9 pictures on each)
- Look at the picture, clap the syllables and place that many counters in the circles to represent the number of syllables.
- Words for students to cut up into syllables. My grade one students could do this by the end of the year as an indicator for you. Please note we do practice syllables several times each week.
- Syllable picture strips. Students get a strip of pictures and have to clap the syllables and record how many syllables below. A good quick assessment for syllables.
- Ideas for quick oral games and activities with syllables.