Part of the new "Emotions in Music" series! What makes music sound "sad?" Is it the tempo? Instruments? Ten classical pieces are included for your group to study. Feelings & observations will vary in this activity - great for class discussions!
- There are no wrong answers! Students can note how they feel and what they imagine while listening to a selected piece of music. Choose from the musical instruments, nature scenes, colors, and more.
Weather & Feelings
- Weather is a recurring theme in classical music. Does a musical piece remind the listener of a snowy day or a cheerful sunny afternoon? Students can select the weather symbols that come to mind. Is the music happy or sad? A set of emotional characters allows your group to pick the feelings that best relate to a piece of music.
Printable Listening Sheet Sets Include: (two pages each)
01. Requiem in D Minor, Mozart
02. Gymnopedia No. 1, Satie
03. Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven
04. Schindler's List (Main Theme,) Williams
05. O Fortuna, Orff
06. Adagio for Strings Op. 11a, Barber
07. Summer 78, Tiersen
08. Sur le Fil, Tiersen
09. Clair de Lune, Debussy
10. Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2, Chopin
Play one to two pieces per day for a week long study.
Earn Free Products!
Posting a rating & feedback allows you to earn credits towards future TPT purchases!
Browse all Classical Composers
FREE Classical Composer Sample Pack
Johann Sebastian Bach
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
John Philip Sousa
Follow + Feedback
If you would like to stay updated on new items and freebies, please stay connected by following this store! Please contact me if you're looking for something specific and I will do my best to help. Thank you for visiting!