Add to your Safari-theme classroom with this daily writing journal. There are writing prompts for Monday - Friday. Prompts are completely editable so you can mix it up… or even have a week where students answer their own questions to put them "in control" of their own learning.
The PowerPoint version is for traditional printable materials. It has a lined area on each page for student entries. In addition, there are images of primary paper that you can use so even the little students have an easy time expressing themselves.
The Google Slides version can be used as an online activity. Each page has a designated, clickable area for students to type their answers. Create copies so students have new journals every week. After a few weeks, your students can turn their journal slides into a presentation portfolio to showcase how much they have improved.
The Google Slides link is provided on the Other Information page at the end of the downloaded PowerPoint presentation.
Each version has a page at the end for a send-home reading log. You can use it separately or include with the journal if students are also expected to write at home.
You might also be interested in:
Safari Welcome Back Letters
Safari Open House Announcements and Nametags
Safari Open House Flyer / Brochure
Safari- Parent / Teacher Conference Notes & Reminders
Safari Punch Cards
Safari Weekly Progress Reports
Safari Lesson Plans
Safari Exit Slips
Safari Student Portfolio
Safari Student Portfolio grades 4 - 6
Student Portfolio Bundle
Safari Mission Statement and Objectives
- Use my resources for your own class.
- Customize as necessary.
- Take all the credit for a way-cool classroom.
- Use as many times as you wish for different classes and/or different situations.
- Share these materials with other teachers. (Please buy an additional license. There is a discount for multiple licenses!)
- Repackage or reformat my materials to offer for free or for resale.
- Repurpose graphics or other materials for use outside the educational environment.
- Post my materials on any blog, website, or school Intranet; they are for educational use only.
Copying any part of this product and/or placing it on the Internet in any form is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).