Preschool: Safari / African Savanna Life preschool homeschool thematic unit. This is week 14 of 30 weekly units in our age 4 preschool curriculum program. 136 pages (188 pages including the classroom decor bonuses). Highly engaging, super fun and very organized program to delight both teacher and student alike and lead to a successful week studying desert life.
*Looking for a whole year's curriculum with 12 countries, 9 earth environments and 9 community centers? Check out the 30-week bundle here *
Covers all academic areas in a three school time blocks per day and three days/week routine:
* Weekly Lesson plan
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on alphabet, focusing on ending sound B and D and AP and AN word families
* "Legend of the Lost Words" story & Word Family Reunion Treasure Map
* _AP and _AN Word Cards, Word Building Activities
* Safari Supplies (Upper/Lowercase match and letter D beginning sounds practice)
* 19 Safari Themed Vocabulary Cards
* Following Directions (beginning sounds and following directions worksheet)
* African Safari-themed book list
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on counting 1-50
* Math Counting Visual Aid
* 0-10 Number Touch Point Cards (Large and Small options)
* Safari Animal Count Activity
* Roll a Number Family Activity (Safari-themed)
* Crocodile Chomp (Greater Than worksheet)
SOCIAL STUDIES / ART / SCIENCE
* My First Travel Notebook "Exploring Our Earth" page inserts
* Where in the World is Safari Life map
* Build a Safari Scene
* Crocodile Life Cycle & Teaching Script
* Living or Nonliving Classification Cards
* Toilet Paper Tube Binoculars craft
* Elephant Walk Game
* Backyard Safari Game
* Safari-themed Action Cards
CIRCLE TIME BOARD PIECES
* How's the Weather
* Days of the Week
* 11 Rhyme Posters to supplement our rhyming words focus this semester
BONUS CLASSROOM DECOR
* Safari Themed Bulletin Board Header and matching vocab picture cards
* Semester 2 bulletin board elements ("Exploring Our Earth" theme)
* Weekly Center Bin Labels
* Storage Bin Labels
Instructions, overviews and more.
This unit is part of a 30 weeks of units in the Home CEO Age 4 Preschool Homeschool Curriculum. Click here to buy the bundle and save!
Made with love by Home CEOs Maraya & Ashley, Chief Education Officers of the Pearson & Smotherman Families.
ALL PROFITS TO CHARITY
100% of profits from our TPT store are distributed monthly to over 30 outstanding nonprofit humanitarian organizations, so thank you for your purchase! Learn more here.
We use art primarily by Whimsy Clips by Laura Strickland with secondary sources credited within each document. We also use digital paper from PrettyGraffic and Erin Bradley Designs for my title pages. I use fonts by KG Fonts and Pablo Impallari. (All links included within the document).
Copyright 2016 Home CEO Inc.