This is a game designed as a review for standards in place value.
The game is designed so that students can play independently and with little setup. Everything needed for play is included in the file. Print question cards two-sided so that the answer to the question, along with how many spaces the student can move, are printed on the back of the question. Students can play and check their answers as they go. No more dice rolling off the table or being thrown in the air!
The file includes the board, student directions, six printable playing pieces, and 72 double-sided playing cards. Cards focus on the following skills:
- Converting between forms (standard, expanded, and word)
- Using models to show a number
- Reading, writing, and expressing value for numbers through the hundred thousands place
- Identifying the place and value of digits in a number
- Comparing numbers using >, <, and =
This is a review game designed to meet the following SOLs:
3.1 The student will
a) read and write six-digit numerals and identify the place value and value of each digit;
c) compare two whole numbers between 0 and 9,999, using symbols (>, <, or = ) and words
(greater than, less than, or equal to).