Do your students get excited when you tell them it's time to calculate the volume of rectangular prisms? Of course they don't.
But they will if you use this fun, Safe Cracker worksheet!
Students can become world famous safe crackers! Your students will use the clues and their math skills to help crack the safes, in order to claim the prizes found inside.
Students are given three "clues", which are volume problems, including normal LxWxH problems, missing side length problems, and area of the base times height problems. The answers become the numbers in the safe combinations. When the three clues are solved, the safe is cracked! There are a total of 15 problems, but they are grouped into 5 "combinations", so your students will look at this as a 5 question assignment.
The rewards include: a rare $100,000 bill, the world's largest pearl, a title to a private jet, the keys to a castle, and more!
Check out the Surface Area and Volume Quiz Pack
for quick, standard-aligned assessments on this topic.
Or try one of these other fun volume activities:
- This is the best Volume War card game available on TpT! You get 64 colorful cards!
- How are kids supposed to get excited about finding the volume of rectangular prisms with fractional edge lengths? By playing Bingo, that's how!
Volume Voyage station activity
- Want to make volume questions fun and keep your student active? Well let your students "voyage" around the room as part of the Volume Voyage activity!
- Cut out the squares. Complete the puzzle by matching the question side of one square to the side of another square with the correct answer. Eventually, your teacher will show you how to read the secret message!
Volume Color-by-Number Activity
- Complete the problems in each row. Circle the correct answer. Match the problem numbers with the color you circled to create a colorful picture!
Munchy Math Snacks
- Here's an opportunity to let your students incorporate real-life math, food, art, and volume into one activity!