Engage your students in learning about community safety with this Safety Awareness Lesson and Activities for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. These safety activities will have your students thinking deeper about safety practices and procedures in the community. Topics include road safety, bike safety, car safety, pool safety and stranger danger.
Teaching safety awareness just got more fun for your students. Students will work in small groups to read safety stories and decide the good and not so good safety practices from each story. Students will use what they learned to write an acrostic poem regarding safety. View the Preview to see a Sample of the Safety Awareness Lesson & Activities.
Safety Awareness Lesson & Activities include:
- Full lesson instructions including lesson objectives, assessment focus, materials required, preparation and lesson steps
- 5 different safety stories with a focus on pool safety, bike safety, road/bus safety, stranger danger and car safety
- Acrostic poem worksheet
- Assessment checklist
See what Teachers are saying:
- “I loved that all the work was done for me. Was very engaging and a great addition to a unit I was doing with the kids.”
- “This is a great little set of lessons, particularly because curriculum and/or anchor texts in this topic are hard to find at my first graders' level. Thank you!”
- “Thank you. Safety was our last unit of the year and I was struggling to find activities and lessons for it.”
- “Awesome! Kids loved doing the scenarios!”
- “These are just right for my ESOL students. Thank you! :)”
Please see the preview to view a sample of the safety awareness activities.
More Fun & Engaging Lessons and Activities:
- Safety Story Maps
- Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Phonics Matching Games
- Spin a Word Phonics Games Bundle
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.