In this lesson students will listen to a book all about safety. They will retell the events in the book in a logical sequence with the assistance of a story map. The students will then be involved in orally sharing the story maps with other children in the class.
By the end of this lesson your students will be able to:
* Describe the story they have heard in the correct sequence;
* Draw pictures to help describe the events in the story; and
* Construct text to help describe the story.
What you’ll get in this lesson:
* Full lesson instructions including: lesson objectives, assessment focus, materials required, preparation and lesson steps.
* Story map worksheet.
* Full color safety book – Kim’s Birthday Adventure.
If you’re after more great lesson ideas, then check out these items:
Physical Education Resource Kit
Punctuation – 10 Punctuation Posters
Phonics Matching Games
Top Notch Teaching