A complete package teaching how to Subtract Double Digits without regrouping using a variety of strategies, step by step for building huge confidence!
1) Subtraction of multiples of 10 using the Hundreds chart at various starting points is an amazing way for students to see that they are counting back or jumping back on the Hundreds Charts. Very visual strategy
2) Subtraction of double digits using the Hundred's Chart where students "jump back" both tens and ones.
3) Moving on to Picturing Subtraction using the base ten blocks represented to begin the process of starting with your ones and then subtracting the tens.
4) After practice with very visual strategies, we move to introducing the numbers corresponding to the base ten blocks and work through questions with both pictures and symbols.
5) Lastly, the students are so confident in their understanding of subtraction that they can use their Mental Math strategies (poster included), and work through questions with numbers only and experience so much success.