CRUISE SHIP PROJECT
The cruise ship project was designed to give students knowledge about the cruise industry while at the same time incorporating the Hospitality themes: Lodging, Entertainment, Food & Beverage and Transportation (L.E.F.T). This project is exciting and engaging. It encourages students to want to take a Cruise!
1. Research and identify the types of activities and amenities tourists need and want on a cruise ship.
2. Understand the economic importance of hospitality and tourism in the cruise industry.
3. Explain the environmental and economic effects of tourism in the Cruise Industry.
4. Understand various aspects of cruise-ship history and how it pertains to today’s industry.
5. Students research information on the internet and record the info on the worksheet or they copy and paste the information into a word document following the guidelines on the worksheet.
6. Students then rewrite the information in their own words when creating their PowerPoint slides.
7. The check list is used for guidance and to keep students on task.
8. The rubric is used for grading and should be introduced before the project begins so
students will be aware of the requirements.
9. Warm-ups are used to reinforce the topic for that day based on components of the project.
10. Also, make a vocabulary wall and post vocabulary words/definitions as you review the different components of the cruise industry with students.
WHAT’S IN THE PROJECT?
1. Teacher lesson plan/Answer key
2. Student lesson plan
3. Student work sheet
4. Student checklist
6. Vocabulary sheet