Sail with Columbus on his voyage to the new world with this 16 page student made book that uses critical thinking skills to fill in the blanks then color the black and white images. Reinforce facts about Columbus and his journey. Includes:
1. Begin your journey in Spain by telling family members and friends goodbye.
2. Fill in your job description
3. Make out the crew list
4. How do you spend your time on the ship?
5. What's the weather like?
6. Spot land and make plans
7. Name the island
8. Uncover unusual items discovered
9. Fill in the empty mind image with items missed while at sea
10. What about the Santa Maria that sank--should we sail on?
11. Brainstorm names for the new world
12. What items are you bringing to Spain's King and Queen?
13. Will you sail again with Columbus on his next voyage?
Make your book by stapling or stitching the left edge then share with others. Great for a quick review about Columbus and his adventure to the new world or for comprehension check within a Columbus unit. Can be used for ELA or social studies/history with ELL/ESL, GT/Pre-AP, at-risk. Meets CCSS.