**If you found this product helpful, please consider leaving a rating or review! Thank you so much!**
Your students who stutter will have fun with this engaging Saint Patrick’s Day stuttering direct therapy activity! There are two options for using this activity:
Option A: Game - Smooth Rainbow Speech vs. Bumpy Gold Coin Speech
1. Tape the two game board pieces together.
2. Cut out the game cards, number cards, and word/phrase/or sentence cards. Stack them face down on the table.
3. Cut out the game pieces. Each player chooses a game piece.
4. During a turn, the player chooses a number card and moves their game piece the
corresponding number of spaces on the game board.
5. Then the player chooses a game card and word/phrase/or sentence card. Player must pronounce the word/phrase/or sentence card using either Smooth Rainbow Speech or Bumpy Gold Coin Speech, depending on which game card they picked.
6. If a Smooth Rainbow Speech card is picked, the player must use their finger to follow
along the large Rainbow Visual using Smooth “Rainbow Speech” to pronounce the
word/phrase/or sentence (e.g. Pronounce “Patrick” in a smooth, easy, relaxed way). If a
Bumpy Gold Coin card is picked, the player must use their finger to touch each coin on
the large Gold Coin Visual using Bumpy “Gold Coin” speech to pronounce the
word/phrase/or sentence (e.g. Pa-pa-pa-pa-Patrick).
7. First person to get to the “Finish” Gold Coin on the game board is the winner.
NOTE: Option A will help to raise awareness about the difference between Smooth Speech vs. Bumpy Speech. It is also a good activity for helping the speaker to feel more empowered with their ability to choose to speak using their Smooth Speech. Remember to keep a neutral tone and non-judgmental stance when speaking about the Bumpy Speech with your student.
Option B: Identify Smooth vs. Bumpy Activity
1. Use either the word cards, phrase cards, or sentence cards.
2. The speech-language pathologist pronounces each word/phrase/or sentence using
either Smooth “Rainbow Speech” (e.g. pronounce “The Potato Soup” in a Smooth, Easy, Relaxed way) or Bumpy “Gold Coin Speech” (e.g “Th-the Po-ta-ta-tato S-Soup).
3. Then the student points to the correct visual that corresponds with the type of speech
the clinician used.
NOTE: Option B helps to raise awareness about the difference between Smooth Speech vs. Bumpy speech.
Included in Packet:
• 12 Saint Patrick’s Day Word Cards
• 12 Saint Patrick’s Day Phrase Cards
• 12 Saint Patrick’s Day Sentence Cards
• 1 Large Smooth Rainbow Speech Visual
• 1 Large Bumpy Gold Coin Speech Visual
• 1 Game board
• Game Pieces
• Smooth Rainbow Speech vs. Bumpy Gold Coin Speech Game Cards
• Number Cards
NOTE: This product is designed as a tool for use with guidance by a certified speech-language pathologist. Make sure to evaluate on a regular basis to determine the efficacy of interventions.
I hope this helps you and your students! Thank you for all that you do!