This bundle of materials accompanies a study of Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls. Included are the following:
1. An Introductory PowerPoint: This presentation features slides on characters, conflicts, and anticipatory guide questions. = 10 slides
2. A parent letter my colleague and I sent home requesting students' parents to purchase the novel. It also includes a disclaimer covering the mature content in the novel.
3. There is a handout featuring multiple charts comparing Salem Falls to The Crucible. This activity could be modified to just accompany Salem Falls.
4. An essay assignment comparing The Crucible to Salem Falls, also modifiable to address just Salem Falls.
5. Salem Falls Wrap-Around Acrostic Poem Activity in a PowerPoint presentation. Students love this creative writing piece.
6. Salem Falls Sociogram. Students also love this project which focuses on creating symbolic representations of characters, conflicts, and themes.
7. A unit test over Salem Falls. This test includes matching, multiple choice, discussion questions, and quotation analysis. This test is based on Georgia ELA standards.