7 Literacy Stations to be used with the Reading Street story, Sam, Come Back! Even if you do not use the Reading Street series, these are great short a stations for anyone to use!
1. Scrambled Short a words: Students unscramble the short a words and record them on the included recording sheet. I have also included a recording sheet for sentences.
2. Amazing Words Match: Students match the amazing words to the definitions. This could be used as an independent station or in small or large groups. This can also be used as a partner concentration game.
3. Short a family sort: Students sort the words into short a "families"
-an, -ap, -ag, -at and write the words on the included recording sheet. I have also included directions for this to be used as a partner game for 2 or 4 players.
4. Sentence or Not?: This works on the grammar skill of the week which is Complete Sentences. Students read the words and decide if it is a sentence or not and write the sentences on the included recording sheet.
5. Sight Word Spin: This focuses on the sight words in this story: way, in, and on. Students spin and write the sight words in columns until one column is filled.
6. Writing: How to Take Care of a Pet. I have included 2 different choices to differentiate for student's needs.
7. Short A "Make a Word" gameboard activity
These literacy stations are also included in my Sam, Come Back! unit that includes focus wall materials, teacher resources, parent resources,and the above literacy stations! You can find the whole unit here:
Sam, Come Back! Reading Street Unit