Literacy Activities for First Grade Reading Street Sam Come Back. In the unit you will find:
2 anchor charts: “Characters” and “Setting.”
These can be printed poster sized or sent to
Staples to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Backpack Attack” Game for –ack words.
• Sentence task cards…can be used at a center or
can be used to play Scoot
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word work
• Write the Room for short a words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture for each.
• Cat character/setting craftivity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below:
Based on the 2013 edition.