This is a 94 page companion pack to Scott Foresman's Reading Street story, Sam, Come Back. Each activity focuses on the weekly skill, High Frequency words, and Spelling words. All of the activities are aligned to Common Core standards.
Included in this pack:
- Whole group high-frequency word cards, Spelling words, and Amazing words.
- Small Group/station cards (HFW, Spelling, and Amazing words) in color and black and white.
- 2 Anchor Charts (Character and Sentences)
-30 Write the Room cards, illustration/descriptive writing sheet, and recording sheet including a station alternative activity for the Write the Room cards with sorting mats
-Go Fish Sorting Activity (short A), 48 cards, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet
-Building Background Graphic Organizer (What do pets need?)
-Building Background (Things cats do)
- 2 ABC order seatwork (differentiated) with handwriting practice
-2 Fluency Highlight activity for the word ending –at and final /ck/
-Take home flashcards
-30 I have, who has game cards (prefixes re-/un-)
- 2 Building Background Activity Sheets (cats and pets) needs, are, can, have
-Fill in the blank letter activity
-2 (Short a) Cut and Glue independent work
-Syllable Sort (including 24 cards, three sorting mats, directions, and recording sheet)
- Mad Max (Short a) Game board with 24 game cards and recording sheet
-2 Handwriting Practice Sheets
- Comprehension Questions with 3 different writing alternatives
-Knock Your Socks Off Sorting Station with 24 cards, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet
-Cat Chow Snacktivity and Sort
-Sam, Come Back Readers Theatre
-Nab That Sentence Station with 2 different card variations, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet.