Research and Writing: Sam Houston
Students research and write an informative composition on the first President of the Republic of Texas, Sam Houston! An informative reading passage, note taking outlines, blank writing page, reflection activity and sample product are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
* 1 Reading Passage
* 3 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 2 outlines are blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Page
* 1 Reflections Page
* 1 Sample Project Page and Project Pieces
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for TX Independence Day, TX History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Homework or as an Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Researching Stephen F. Austin
Researching Revolutionary War Heroes
Researching Texas Longhorns
Researching Leaders of the Alamo
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Kathy Adams / Teachers Pay Teachers
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!