Same and Different Reindeer Christmas Speech and Language Therapy Activities
What educators are saying
Teach comparison and shape vocabulary with these Christmas speech therapy activities! Terrific for preschool and kindergarten math centers too, you get printables, 28 Clip-Dot-Punch task cards to use with dot markers, clothespins or a hole punch, plus games. Plenty of hands-on activities to keep your littles engaged!
The 5 fun printables reinforce the concepts of same and different, plus many other goals...and are perfect for home practice too. Your littles will love completing file folder matching, and the Reindeer Shapes Game is open-ended fun for anyone on your caseload.
No Color printing? BW version is Included!
➤SKILLS TARGETED: 21 useable pages with:
• Shape Vocabulary
• Understanding the concepts of “same,” “alike” and “match.”
• Understanding the concept of “different.”
• Articulation of 2-syllable words (Hungry Reindeer Printable)
• Articulation of initial /sp/ words (spit), /w/ (will, with), final consonant /t/ in “spit” and “out”
• Articulation of l-blends (fly)
• Future tense “will fly”
• Irregular past-tense “ate”
• Pronouns “he” and “she”
➤CONTENTS: 21 useable pages with:
Activities to teach Same and Different:
• 14 Clip Dot Punch Cards. These cards have 3 ways to play: Clip a clothespin on the shape that’s the same as the large one. OR Dot your choice with a dot marker. OR use a hole punch to mark your choice
• 14 Clip Dot Punch Cards. Find and clip, dot or punch the 2 shapes that are different from the large one.
• 2 Hungry Reindeer pages. The reindeer ate some very, very strange snacks and they turned into different shapes! Guess what each reindeer ate. Cut and paste the objects that are the same shape as each reindeer. Perfect printable for home practice!
• 3 Time to Fly pages. Find each reindeer a partner to help pull Santa’s sleigh. Be sure the partner is a different shape. Practice articulation and syntax too. Great to send home for carryover.
• 4 Reindeer Shapes Game Boards: Easy, open-ended play! Draw a card after each turn and match the reindeer shape to your game board. For 1-4 players. Will you be the first to fill your board?
• 16 Reindeer cards for the Reindeer Shapes or Folder Game.
• 2 Folder game sheets. Paste on a folder, and match the shapes. Great motivational activity too… my preschool and kindergarten students love matching! Just give one shape to match for each response.
• 3 “I Can” Posters: Same, Different, Naming Shapes
• Labels for Storage
If you love hands-on activities that teach the vocabulary critical for math, be sure to take a peek here:
Small, Medium and Large Santa Shapes
❤️ Want more fun Christmas activities? Check out these packs:
Christmas No-Prep Speech Therapy Activities
Where is Rudolph: Prepositions, Categories and Verbs
Winter Picture Story Sequencing
⭐⭐⭐ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Yay!! Now you'll get customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Leave a Review button. Click it and you can give a quick rating and a short comment about the product. I read each and every comment and truly value your feedback. It helps me know which products and activities are most helpful for you, so I can create more of what you need and love! ☺