PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you looking for sorting & classifying activities for children in Pre-School, Kindergarten or Grade One? Check out these same & different woodland animal outlines! Graph your favorite animal! Do sorting and classifying activities for color, shape, direction, size. Create a pattern with these same and different shapes!
Same and Different: Sort and Classify WOODLAND ANIMALS | PreK-Kindergarten, Grade 1
(8 woodland animals x 8 colors)
• Use visual discrimination skills to sort the animals by color, shape, size, direction, or other common features.
• Invite the children to play with the material and think of their own sorting rule.
• CREATE AND EXTEND PATTERNS!
• Use some of the 8 sorting circles provided.
• Use divided trays from the dollar store.
• Paper plates and hula-hoops make good sorting rings.
• As the children gain skills, add a Venn diagram.
Check the ways this resource will be helpful and fun!
• Use it as a Quick Overview of mathematics skills. (observation, discrimination, sorting, classifying, creating patterns, making a graph)
• Whole Class Activity – introduce, teach, review, consolidate
• Independent work
• Math Center Fun
Mathematical concepts and language learning… they all overlap!
A great resource for early learners!
A time saver for:
· Special Education Teachers
· EFL, ESL, ELD, ELL
· Classroom Teachers
You might like one of these Products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Save on more great resources! Click here to visit my store!