This is a SAMPLE of a set I have in my store. The set that is posted in my store has thirteen different types of short e activities for your students. The following word families are included: -in, -ig, -it, -id, and -ip. The cost of the complete set is $4.00, and it has 87 pages.
Please provide feedback if you can find the time:-)
Here is a list of the 13 activities included:
1. Cut It, Say It, Glue It activities-Students cut out pictures, Say it slowly and glue pictures and letters.
2. See It, Stamp It, and Write It-Students say words slowly, and stamp the CVC word.
3. Spinner game with each word family-Reinforces blending and writing real and nonsense words.
4. Roll a Word Family-Students roll die and write the CVC word. This activity has the students practice writing CVC words.
5. Individual Word Family books-Students are able to write and illustrate their own book using the word family pattern.
6. Say It, Write it worksheet-Students practice segmenting, blending, and writing word family words.
7. Match and Write--Students match pictures and words and write a sentence with one of the words.
8. Write the Room-Students practice segmenting, blending, and writing word family words.
9. Take, Make and Write CVC words-Students practice building and writing CVC words.
10. Cut, Sort, Write--Students sort pictures according to word family pattern and write the word.
11. Sorting Cards---Students sort pictures and words according to word family.
12. Word Family Bingo--Reinforces reading the CVC words.
13. Word Sort with CVC words-Students sort and read CVC words.
All of these activities reinforce identifying, segmenting, blending, reading, and writing CVC words.
Common Core Standards addressed in this packet include the following: Kindergarten Phonological Awareness RF.1.2.Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
RF K.2c Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
RF K2d. Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
RF K2e.Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
RF K3c. Read common high-frequency words
RF K2d. Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ
LS2c. write a letter or letters for most consonant and short vowel sounds
FS2b. Blending single-syllable words
RF2.Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
RF2c. isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds
RF2d. segment spoken single-syllable words
RF3b. regularly spelled one-syllable words