The Resources in this product include a game that provides both variety and student interaction and one set of biochemistry vocabulary game cards. The resource is a small sample from Year of Biology Vocabulary Games.
Dr. Marzano recommends using six steps to develop vocabulary.
1. Provide a description, explanation, or example of the new term.
2. Ask students to restate the description, explanation, or example in their own words.
3. Ask students to construct a picture, pictograph, or symbolic representation of the term.
4. Engage students periodically in activities that help them add to their knowledge of the terms in their vocabulary notebooks.
5. Periodically ask students to discuss the terms with one another.
6. Involve students periodically in games that enable them to play with terms
A Year of Biology Games resources focus on step 6 (games) but also provides students the experience steps 2, 3 and 4.
From Sizzling Science