These are easy-to-use, print-and-go short stories by Sandra Cisneros that we bundle together for you! We've included TWO short stories from her - "My Name" (an excerpt from The House on Mango Street) and "Eleven." Both of these short stories are perfect for your middle school or high school classroom! With challenging activities, teacher annotations, in-depth discussion questions, and more, this bundle is a rigorous, comprehensive look at two of our favorite short stories to teach!
Nothing just "skims the surface" - all of the activities, discussion questions, and more are extensive and focused on evidence-based logic and justification.
What is included in this bundle?
This bundle contains the following TWO resources:
- "My Name" Mini-Unit & Activities
- "Eleven" Mini-Unit & Activities
In our classrooms, we use "My Name" at the beginning of the school year as a back to school resource to help build classroom community. Then, we assign "Eleven" as a summer reading assignment to our incoming students as a way to prepare them for our year together. However, you can use these resources AT ANY TIME OF THE YEAR! They are easily usable year round :)
SAVE OVER 20% BY PURCHASING THESE TWO RESOURCES TOGETHER!
*CHECK OUT WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH EACH STORY!*
"My Name" Unit
- Instructions for Use
- Figurative Language Cheat Sheet
- Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt
- Close Reading Strategies Bookmarks (the same ones we sell in our store)
- Blank Student Copy of "My Name"
- Teacher Annotated Copy of "My Name"
- 4 Discussion / Critical Thinking Questions
- Your Name Graphic Organizer
- Your Name Short Story Lined Paper
- Short Story Rubric
** Many of the documents in this resource are also EDITABLE!**
- Instructions for Use
- Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- Character Connections Activity (the same resource we sell in our store)
- Cupcakes and Evidence Activity
- 5 Discussion / Critical Thinking Questions
- Timeless Text Activity (the same resource we sell in our store)
- 2-Premise Paragraph Outline
- EDITABLE Rubrics
If you have any questions about this resource, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We hope you and your students thoroughly enjoy these two units!
Follow us on Facebook
for sales and all things Middle School ELA!