This Sandwich Shop Activity includes:
*A Sandwich Shop Category Page
There are 5 Categories with 5 items in each category.
* 2 Sandwich Shop Direction Pages
2 Categories and 3 Categories
*25 Sandwich Shop Tiles Pages
25 tiles on each page
*18 Handout Pages
9 With the Charts Filled
9 With Blank Charts
Each Handout has a section for students to do their multiplication to determine the amount of sections for their list and tree diagram
Sandwich Shop Directions
1. Give students a category sheet.
2. Give students a 2 category or 3 category direction sheet.
3. Give students the tiles of items. You can have students cut these tiles apart or you can cut them out ahead of time. I would copy the different items/categories on different colors so that students can tell the items and categories apart. The different colors will also help your students see the patterns in the lists and tree diagrams.
4. If you would like students to complete the same categories and items use the other sheets enclosed in this activity.
5. If you would like students to be challenged have students pick more items or more categories. You may need to copy extra item papers if students are going to do more categories or items.
6. This can be a whole group or small group activity. Students can work in partners or it can be done independently. The possibilities for this activity are endless. Be creative and have fun!
This activity does not include an answer key because there are so many combinations.
This activity aligns with Virginia SOLs- 4.13 and 5.14