During this time of year, two things seem to occur. Everyone is all abuzz about the North Pole and it turns frigid cold (at least in my neck of the woods). Instead of thinking of the cold, snowy North Pole, give your students a chance to think of warm, beachy climates!
This writing bundle offers multiple writing opportunities that can be used in the weeks before Christmas break. 6 different writing tasks (multiple versions of the stories) are included and will give your students a chance for fun, creative writing, along with a change in scenery, at least in their minds!
There are 4 creative story prompts with matching papers. Each creative story prompt has 2 different versions. One version asks for specific literary elements like character development, setting, conflict, resolution, etc. and writing techniques like imagery, figurative language and word choice to be used in the story. A second version of the same prompts WITHOUT these specific requirements is also included. The two versions allow for either a more in-depth writing experience, or a quick, fun writing task.
Two additional writing tasks are also included. Students write a postcard as Santa to the elves. Another prompt is to write a persuasive letter as Santa to the elves urging them to allow the workshop to be moved to Florida.
This writing tasks would meet Common Core State Standards W.1 AND W.3!
Two Pre-Writing Organizers are included as well as an editable rubric for the creative story. One organizer can be used with any of the creative stories. The second organizer is for the persuasive letter.
Here is what you get when you purchase this fun writing pack:
• Teacher’s Guide
• Santa Takes a Vacation Creative Story Prompt With and
Without literary elements
• Santa take s a Vacation Matching Writing Papers
• Surfin’ Santa Creative Story Prompt With and Without literary
• Surfin’ Santa song link
• Surfin Santa Matching Writing papers
• Santa postcard to Elves Writing Prompt
• Postcard Template and Front Cover Design
• Santa Visits Florida Creative Story Writing Prompt With and
Without literary elements
• Santa Visits Florida Matching Writing Papers
• Persuasive Letter as Santa to Elves Writing Prompt
• Matching Writing papers/template for letter
• Elves on Vacation Creative Story Prompt With and Without
• Elves on Vacation Matching Writing Papers
• Creative Story Pre-Writing Organizer (can be used with any of
• Persuasive Letter Pre-Writing Organizer
• Editable creative story rubric
• 2 pages of notes on literary elements and writing techniques
Check out my other fun Christmas Products!
Christmas Word Puzzle Games-NO PREP
*"The Polar Express" Common Core Unit
*Christmas Figurative Language NO PREP Digital Game
*Elf on a Shelf Classroom Resources
*Kindness Elves Christmas Writing Prompts, Papers, and Card Templates
*Santa Interview and Newspaper Writing Task
*Elf Training Guide-A Fun and Creative Writing Task to Create a Training Guide for New Elves at the North Pole
*Reindeer Partner Cards & Grouping Cards with Matching Table/Wall Signs
Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need anything tweaked or edited. Thank you for checking out my product! Be sure to follow me by clicking the star in the top right corner if you like my product so you can be kept up to date of sales, flash freebies, and new products!