When it's time to write that Santa letter, our students see the benefits of writing for real purposes at Christmas! After those letters to Santa are finished, there are still so many fun things to write about during the holiday season! Why not write to Mrs. Claus? Create a class recipe book?
The letters to Santa and Mrs. Claus in this resource were designed to provide options for young students (and their teachers) with varying levels of support. It's a busy time of year. Having a 'just right' fit to a student's skill level to allow for independence is paramount!
The differentiated letter to Mrs. Claus is a request for a cookie recipe, but a blank is also included.
The most recent update includes a number of new pages, so please check out the list below and the updated images! Updates are free, just simply download from 'My purchases' again!
- differentiated letter templates (for letters to Santa and Mrs. Claus) - 1) blank space for open options (i.e. pasting or drawing images, printing from computer), 2) trace or 3) fill in missing words for assisted writing, 4) lined pages for students who can compose their own
- class recipe book templates (full-page or half-page sizes), with half-page recipe request note for home, choice of color or black and white covers pages and content pages
- Santa and Mrs. Claus coloring pages and word tracing
- plate of cookies to color with gift tag to fill in
- two versions of large gift tags, one trace; one fill-in independently (tip: print on colored paper for a festive look!)
- wish list graphic
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
More for the holiday season:
- Christmas Fun Reading and Writing Bundle K-2! ☆Best value!☆
- Christmas Nativity Craft / Dramatic Play
- Kindergarten North Pole Bakery
- Christmas PreEmergent Readers 2 Pack!
- Nativity Christmas Cards and coloring pages
- Ten at the Sled – A counting by 2s, phrasing and fluency reader
More ways to encourage kids to write for real purposes:
- Differentiated Printable Mother's Day Card
- Differentiated Printable Father's Day Card
- Thank you for being my Reading Buddy Card Freebie
- Write for Real Purposes: Fun Summer Lists!
- Write for Real Purposes: Hospital Dramatic Play Center with Printables!
- Dealing With Feelings Story Collection included in New, up and coming best seller: The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (Best deal - all future #DWF TpT products will be added here!)
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year! (formerly The Reading Buddy Starter Pack!)
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
- K-1 Classroom Literacy Favorites!
- What Kind Classmates Do - picture book / posters promoting following the golden rule and basic school routines
- Visual Schedule, centers cards and more!
- Level aa Special Times of Year – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Hospital Dramatic Play Center with Printables!
- FREE! Community Helpers Sight Word Stages Lv B Reader
- Concepts about Print: Letters and Words Storybook Lesson, bulletin board, visuals and sorting activity!
- Syllable and Season Sort Game Activities
Pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Letter to Santa | Santa letter | Mrs. Claus | Differentiated writing | Kindergarten Writing | recipe book template | Early Writing | Christmas writing activity | Christmas letter | Differentiate writing for Christmas |