**Fully updated and expanded 12/11/13**
This descriptive writing mini-unit is sure to be a hit with your students and get everyone in the mood for the holiday season. This packet will guide your students through a descriptive writing assignment that will have them pitching a proposal to the rest of the “elves” for a new sleigh design for Santa. It incorporates all aspects of the traditional writing process, such as brainstorming, creating a draft, revising/editing and publishing a final product.
Here's exactly what is included:
1. A "Breaking News" newspaper article titled, "Is Santa's Sleigh Obsolete?"
2. A "Respond to Reading" Twitter graphic organizer
3. A newspaper article announcing a sleigh design competition
4. Sleigh proposal guidelines for students
5. Teacher Directions
6. A spider web graphic organizer for idea generation
7. Two Forms of a spider web graphic organizer to plan two separate paragraphs (one with lines and one without)
8. Two sketch pages for sleigh design
9. Two Paragraph templates to guide students to write a complete paragraph with a topic sentence, 4 details and a closing sentence
10. An editing/revising checklist
11. A final published piece guide
12. Two templates for published paragraphs
13. A zoom-in template cut-out
14. Two final product design pages for drawing sleigh diagrams
15. Certificate of Participation with Santa's stamp of Approval
Please ask any and all questions before purchasing. This packet is editable only in the event of an error!