I created this packet as a way to say thank you for an incredible year and to show my appreciation to my faithful followers and supporters. It is my hope that this writing activity will be a hit in your classroom.
The writing activity is based around Mrs. Claus and she has found herself in a crisis because Santa’s holiday suit has been ruined just before the big day! Mrs. Claus is desperate and is in need of a new suit for Santa. The students will create a new suit for Santa and then write an opinion piece explaining to Mrs. Claus and Elvin the elf why they think their Santa suit design is perfect for Santa to wear for the holidays.
In this packet you will find the following resources:
• The Story of How Santa’s Suit Was Ruined by Nicole Shelby
• Letter to the Students (explains the assignment)
• Brainstorming Sheet- Students can brainstorm suit ideas and briefly explain reasoning for suit choices
• Four Santa templates for designing a suit- choose the one that works best for your students (in color and black and white)
• Letter to Parents- if you choose to let the students take home and create the suit
• Opinion Writing Template
• Holiday Stationery
• Scoring Rubric for the Assignment
I hope that your students enjoy this Christmas writing activity.