Students (with teacher guidance) take on the “giving” spirit of the season by donating badly needed items and dollars to an animal shelter in or near their community.
All the pages, ideas, examples, pictures of event, outlines, posters, letters, and fliers were based on successfully running (yes, while teaching full time) such a fund drive for five years in the middle school (one in elementary).
I suggest one-to-two-weeks to organize, acquire assistance and support, publicize and promote, and acquire prizes (an option), and then one week for the giving, tabulating, and celebrating the students’ success. However, the actual three-to-four days of bringing gifts down to a staged area with a tree, a little enticing décor, and ambience could be easily accomplished in less time if some of the incorporated ideas in this book are applied another year—as raffle tickets, and a few motivating raffle gifts.
Give your students this rewarding and memorable experience, which will also have life-changing effects for many well-deserving animals.
“Santa’s Paws Cause” houses everything possible I could get in a two-dimensional product to help you have this wonderful event. Below are some of the included page options, which are mainly organized within a three week timeline:
• Volunteer/parent meeting resource sheets and a categorized-job sign-up sheet
• Many different means of student body and community communication as intercom announcements, a parent letter, several fliers, several posters, and even a skit, which could easily become a video
• Student poster making resources with many pictures, ideas, and examples
• Many props (which just need to be copied and cut out); ornament stencils,
raffle tickets, large top winner coupon of helping deliver the donations to the school’s organization of choice, posters and signs
• Step-by-step weekly instructions, timelines, check-off lists
• Many resource pages to use for all aspects of project as different job descriptions for volunteers and assistants, what posters may look like, list of how animals are helped, animal donation needs, raffle gift ideas, etc.
• Photographs throughout helping to explain possibilities for your Santa’s Paws
Cause fund drive
• Where to insert other options and opportunities for small groups or committees as writing application with advertising and informing, researching the organization or cause, leadership when assisting and promoting at staged area (in cafeteria) when the students bring their gifts, math application with daily tabulating and communicating the results in a graph, and so much more
• An addendum with research questions and sample answers and ideas for other topics
• To see how this may fit easily week-by-week, please see one of the preview pages.
It’s late November 2017, and this product is just off the press. Thus, I don’t expect to sell too many copies this year. However, even if I sell just a couple, I’ll feel as excited as a lost dog finding his family after a long absence—thank goodness he was micro-chipped. I am rewarded each time a copy sells knowing it will make a difference in both children’s and so many animals’ lives. Thank you!
Until Next Time,