Ho, ho, ho!!! Santa’s ready to go! And he’s racing this year to help your students practice and improve their rhythmic reading skills. This colorful and playful assortment of games will keep your students engaged and learning all the way up ‘till winter break!
The rhythms are represented by rhythmic notation only so they are compatible with all rhythmic reading systems: i.e. ta, ti-ti, takadimi, Gordon, do do-day, etc.
The rhythmic focus of this file is:
eighth-two sixteenth (ti-tika)
Other rhythmic elements included in this file:
quarter note (ta)
eighth notes (ti-ti)
half note (ta-a)
four sixteenth notes (tika-tika, tiri-tiri)
one eighth-two sixteenth (ti-tika, ti-tiri)
Included in this file:
1. Directions for 6 rhythm reading games, including Santa’s Trip Around the World, Santa’s Rhythm Racers Rally Game and more!
2. Two interactive PowerPoint Games (one with note heads and one with out note heads, with different organization and rhythms for two different and unique games). Tally cards for keeping score in the game are also included.
3. Large Stick Notation Flashcards (both with and without note heads)
4. Small Stick Notation Flashcards (both with and without note heads)
5. 4 Different Team Cards for Santa’s Rhythm Racer’s Rally Game (Each represented with a different Santa Roadster Icon)
6. A Rhythm Key to all the rhythms contains in the file
If you like this file, you might also enjoy:
Christmas Beat Strips and Composition Cards for Rhythmic Practice
A Bundle of Christmas PowerPoints, PDFs and Activities for the Music Classroom
Your opinion matters to me! You can earn TpT credit by rating this file!
Please follow my Teachers Pay Teachers store for monthly deals and freebies. And you can follow me on Facebook
Please follow my blog for more teaching ideas:
Music a la Abbott