Santa's Untidy Elves - a Christmas activity lesson. It's an original story written by me, specially for the festive season.
It's Christmas Eve and Santa's elves have been so busy baking cookies to go on Santa's sleigh, they haven't mopped up the spilled milk. Elfon the elf, doesn't see the milk on the floor and he slips. No one sees some of the dough go into a strange bowl ...
Teaching suggestions -
The story is in presentation format and is illustrated. Read through the presentation slides as a class first. There is a hand out of the story too, so they can read the story individually as well.
Then, hand out the word search activity, then the draw and doodle activity sheet. Next, they can do the reading comprehension quiz, followed by the creative writing activity.
You could use pieces the class produces to display up in the classroom over the festive season.
They can also colour in the black and white illustrations on the hand outs.
Resources included -
* A 19 slide illustrated presentation of the text of the story.
* Reading comprehension quiz - Multiple choice, True/false, missing word, short answer.
* Creative writing activity sheet - Choose one of a choice of five to write a story on.
* Draw and doodle activity sheet - Draw a wanted poster for the gingerbread man and 5 other drawing and doodling activities.
* A word search - Find 10 words which were in the story.