These three word searches with hidden messages are based on Sarah, Plain and Tall. Each word search is based on a different category.
* The first includes 18 proper nouns mentioned in the book; this puzzle also has a secret message: A sea of prairie.
* The second includes 24 animals mentioned in the book. Secret message: Yellow bonnet.
* The third includes 20 plant names mentioned in the book. Secret message: Train ticket.
Here are my unique products over SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids. Companion product to Sarah, Plain and Tall: Definition Dominoes! Use both to reinforce meanings of new words.
* SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL: 3 Categorized Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: proper nouns, animals, plants.
* SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL: Definition Dominoes—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students rearrange “dominoes” to form the definitions of new words. Companion product to Bookmarks Plus: Sarah, Plain and Tall!
* SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Great spelling workout!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!