Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan Novel Study contains lessons aligned to the Common Core Standards (CCSS) for grades 3-4. This comprehensive digital + printable unit includes vocabulary practice, comprehension quizzes, constructive response writing prompts, skill practice, and language arts lessons with activities.
Be sure to check out all three versions
of this Sarah, Plain and Tall Book Unit to determine which best fits your teaching needs and style.
-- Sarah, Plain and Tall [Patricia MacLachlan] Google Digital + Printable Book Unit
(This product contains the entire printable version + interactive vocabulary pages + Google Digital Slides.)
-- Sarah, Plain and Tall [Patricia MacLachlan] Printable Book Unit
(This product contains the entire printable version.)
-- Sarah, Plain and Tall [Patricia MacLachlan] Abridged Printable Book Unit
(This version contains vocabulary practice, comprehension questions, and constructive response writing.)
UPDATED AUGUST 2017 – This unit now contains comprehension questions + interactive quizzes + Google Digital Resources. If you purchased it before August 21, please download to receive the updated version.
The digital resources include:
14 Constructive Writing Questions
Activities and/or Digital Graphic Organizers for
• Prefixes and Suffixes
• Figurative Language
The printable resources include:
Part 1 ~ Vocabulary
• Vocabulary List
• Vocabulary Bookmarks
• Vocabulary Word Cards
• Vocabulary Storage Pocket
• Vocabulary Practice Booklet
• Vocabulary Test
Part 2 ~ Comprehension
• Nine comprehension quizzes are included.
o These quizzes require students to write the answers in sentence format.
o Sequencing questions also included which require students to number the events from the chapter in order.
o Each quiz contains a multiple choice main idea question.
o Constructive response questions aligned with Common Core Standards are included. Each of these contains a graphic organizer to help students plan their responses.
Answer keys for each practice page is included.
Part 3 ~ Language Arts Skill Activities
• Prefix and Suffix Cards and Pockets
• Prefix and Suffix Practice Puzzles
• Root Word Organizer Hexagon Fold
• Spoons Card Game with Root Words
• Figurative Language Response Cards
• Figurative Language Organizer
• Figurative Language Flowers ~ Craftivity
• Homonyms and Homographs Graphic Organizer
• Homograph and Homophone Mini Posters
• Spoons Homograph Activity
• Homophone Activities (Printable & Board Game)