Be sure to check out all three versions
of this Sarah, Plain and Tall Book Unit to determine which best fits your teaching needs and style. This is the full printable + Google Digital Resources version containing vocabulary practice, comprehension questions, constructive response writing, and skill practice.
-- Sarah, Plain and Tall [Patricia MacLachlan] Google Digital + Printable Book Unit
(This product contains the entire printable version + interactive vocabulary pages + Google Digital Slides.)
-- Sarah, Plain and Tall [Patricia MacLachlan] Printable Book Unit
(This product contains the entire printable version.)
-- Sarah, Plain and Tall [Patricia MacLachlan] Abridged Printable Book Unit
(This version contains vocabulary practice, comprehension questions, and constructive response writing.)
UPDATED AUGUST 2017 – This unit now contains comprehension questions + interactive quizzes + Google Digital Resources. If you purchased it before August 21, please download to receive the updated version.
The digital resources include:
14 Constructive Writing Questions
Activities and/or Digital Graphic Organizers for
• Prefixes and Suffixes
• Figurative Language
The printable resources include:
Part 1 ~ Vocabulary
• Vocabulary List
• Vocabulary Bookmarks
• Vocabulary Word Cards
• Vocabulary Storage Pocket
• Vocabulary Practice Booklet
• Vocabulary Test
Part 2 ~ Comprehension
• Nine comprehension quizzes are included.
o These quizzes require students to write the answers in sentence format.
o Sequencing questions also included which require students to number the events from the chapter in order.
o Each quiz contains a multiple choice main idea question.
o Constructive response questions aligned with Common Core Standards are included. Each of these contains a graphic organizer to help students plan their responses.
Answer keys for each practice page is included.
Part 3 ~ Language Arts Skill Activities
• Prefix and Suffix Cards and Pockets
• Prefix and Suffix Practice Puzzles
• Root Word Organizer Hexagon Fold
• Spoons Card Game with Root Words
• Figurative Language Response Cards
• Figurative Language Organizer
• Figurative Language Flowers ~ Craftivity
• Homonyms and Homographs Graphic Organizer
• Homograph and Homophone Mini Posters
• Spoons Homograph Activity
• Homophone Activities (Printable & Board Game)