THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
MORE ELEMENTARY EDITIONS!
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil's Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963
* The Westing Game
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids. Companion product to Sarah, Plain and Tall: Definition Dominoes! Use both to reinforce meanings of new words.
* SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL: 3 Categorized Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: proper nouns, animals, plants.
* SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL: Definition Dominoes—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students rearrange “dominoes” to form the definitions of new words. Companion product to Bookmarks Plus: Sarah, Plain and Tall!
* SARAH, PLAIN AND TALL: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Great spelling workout!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!