PREVIEW of Communities in Canada: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Alberta Social Studies Curriculum) - Available in my TPT store!!
By Megan’s Creative Classroom
(Download this 7 page preview to see the quality of my work! This preview includes 6 pages that are perfect to use in your class - no watermarks just full page printables completely FREE!)
Do your students love:
* Art projects and crafts?
* Colouring, cutting and pasting?
* Mini booklets?
Well then this unit is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Make Social Studies fun again as you embrace the inquiry process and have fun doing it! Learn with hands on tasks and engaging activities. Read stories, make crafts and research life in Saskatchewan!
Full Unit Description:
This unit works by itself or as part of the Communities in Canada (Topic A) Unit Iqaluit Nunavut Unit.
and Meteghan, Nova Scotia Unit
Students study three communities in this Topic: an Inuit Community, an Acadian Community and a Prairie Community. This unit completes the trio! Watch for the unit on sale by itself and as part of a money saving bundle!
This Unit Includes 10 Hands On Lessons:
(1) Getting to Know Saskatoon (with graphic organizer and Mini Book)
(2) Landforms in Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan ABC’s and Landforms Research on Google Slides; MCC Landforms Unit Included)
(3) Grain Elevator Read and Reflect (with Art component)
(4) Industry: Farming (What Crops do we Eat Board Game, Crops we Eat Google Doc, Making Pizza assignment, farming fun facts)
(5) Quilting Traditions (traditions questionnaire, quilt square template)
(6) Saskatoon – Bridge City (bridge picture cards and map, rubrics for bridge building activity)
(7) What is Identity: World’s Largest (Read and Match Roadside Attraction Cards, creating a poster for your community, how to scan QR codes, prairie identity fact cards)
(8) Prairie Lifestyle (Urban vs. Rural cut and paste, fact cards with pictures, 6 graphic organizers)
(9) Prairie Animal Matching (10 animals (B&W and colour versions included) facts, QR codes, videos and games!)
(11) First Nations Craft – Beading a Bracelet (read and draw history and meaning of beading in First Nations culture, printable directions)
*EVERY lesson includes an introduction, whole group, partner or individual activities, printables, extension activities and assessment recommendations.
PLUS This unit also includes:
Megan’s Creative Classroom Landforms Unit
Three pages of links to websites that correspond with lessons in this unit
5 Google Docs! ABC Slides, Landforms Search on Google Maps, Community Poster, What Crops do we Eat and How to Make Pizza
Animal Colouring Pages with Facts
Communities in Canada I Can Statements
Communities in Canada Word Wall Words
Check out some of my other files on Megan's Creative Classroom on TPT!
Landforms Clip It (a quick way to review or introduce land formations)
Math Skip Counting Center
And keep checking back…I’m trying to add new items regularly!