Saturdays and Teacakes by Lester Laminack is a story of a young boy who spends every Saturday with his grandma. First, he takes a fast-paced bike ride to his grandma’s house, and together they make breakfast. Then, he mows the lawn as she picks tomatoes for lunch. After the day’s work, they sit on the porch enjoying tomato sandwiches. Finally, they make teacakes, and the boy bids farewell to his grandma. This story shares a great family experience we can all relate to in some way.
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Sensory Details
C. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 4 activities to extend the lesson
- 2 Vocabulary Practice sheet (five words per sheet)
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Sensory Details)
- Comprehension Quiz, answer key included