These Museum Display cards (24 cards) are patterned after the information presented in museums to explain displayed items. They present information about some of the plants and animals of the African savanna. The card sets are color coded by reading level (grades K-1, 2-3, 4-5) so you can use multiple sets in your classroom, and then easily sort them (see colored dot on bottom right of each card). You can use them:
* on your classroom computers (instead of printing them out),
* to decorate a center or classroom wall,
* to introduce a new item of study,
* to develop vocabulary,
* to support reading of fictional or nonfictional material,
* for research materials in a center, or
* bound together into a book.
The cards can be used to introduce, teach, and reinforce
* a variety of language arts skills such as sentences, paragraphs, use of periods, commas, capitals, and exclamation marks, reading skills, writing skills,
* information on specific savanna plants and animals,
* museum skills.
They may also be used as a model to help students create their own display cards which you may add to your museum collection for future classes to enjoy. (A Microsoft Word® Template and Publisher® Template is included so that students may publish their own work in a matching format.)
1. Run off the cards you wish to use on photo paper (for best results), cover stock, tag, or heavy white drawing paper.
3. Cut apart.
4. Place in your museum or classroom center.
These materials contain photographs in the public domain, or licensed under the Creative Commons Share and Share Alike license. All items are credited.
You may also like:
Savanna Safari Animal Families Matching Puzzles
Savanna Animals Puppets or Masks
Savanna Safari Mural
Savanna Safari Magnetic and Flannel Board Images
Savanna Safari Sorting Mats and Cards
OR purchase everything in a complete bundle Savanna Safari: Maps, Mural, MiniMuseum (COMPLETE Bundle) and save LOTS!