Also included in
- Teach your class about the environment and the effect of human impact on our planet. This bundle explores different aspects of environmental questions and issues that are raised in our classrooms. These are no-prep lessons that are colorful with straightforward explanations and examples of what eacPrice $120.00Original Price $231.00Save $111.00
- Here is a great value bundle of lessons:Climate changeThe Coral ReefSave The Australian RainforestIf you like this small bundle of resources you may like this Human Impact - Environmental No Prep Lesson - Big Value Bundle. (Click on the link) which also includes the resources above.Price $18.00Original Price $22.00Save $4.00
- Climate change lesson bundle. This is a mega bundle of resources that focus on Global warming (Climate change) and the environment. All resources are for Google Classroom. If you would like to learn more about how to use this resource click here.This is a GREAT VALUE bundle of resources about the enPrice $60.00Original Price $107.50Save $47.50
"Save the coral reef before it's too late!" lament climate scientists - climate change is a topic with lots of information to process. This no-prep lesson focuses on the world's coral reef and concerning issue of coral bleaching. Learners will be able to explore the topic of what coral is and the important role it plays on our planet. It will also introduce learners, and give them clear information about, about why coral reefs are under threat and why corals are going through bleaching events. The slides are colorful and full of information, there are opportunities to answer questions both structured and unstructured. It's a great addition to any unit of work on climate change.
Presentation: 50 pages
- Schema - What do I already know about coral bleaching?
- What is coral?
- Soft and Hard coral
- Coral and its relationship with algae
- What do coral eat?
- The importance of the coral reef.
- Can coral reefs get stressed?
- Coral bleaching events
- The coral reef and greenhouse gases
- Who depends on the coral reef?
- Tourism and coral reefs
- Coral reef coastal defense
- What can you do? This is more practical and the focus is on knowledge and caring for the coral reefs around the world rather than the political aspect that may be explored later on in their school career.
- Short videos embedded into slides - internet connection required.
17 Printable Worksheet activities
- What do I know about the coral reef?
- Coral reef foldables
- How can I help?
- What difference can I make?
- The coral reef
- Information about coral
- Coral bleaching - 2 versions - U.S. and British English spelling
- True or false? (Differentiated - 2 versions)
- The benefits of the coral reef foldable (3 versions - differentiated)
Where regions spellings differ (U.S. or British English) - there are alternative slides, simply delete the slide that is not relevant to you.
If you like this, you may also like this no-prep popular about climate change by clicking here
If you would like to save money on a big bundle of environmental resources click here
Additional worksheet activities to help children consolidate learning.
If you use an interactive whiteboard you can life the png flattened images and import them into your IWB programme or write straight on the slides if you have this function. Other than that it also stands alone if you simply have a projector it can work with a traditional whiteboard and pen accessory. There are additional slides if you use American or British English spelling - delete as needed.
If you like this lesson you may also like to check out:
- Climate change big value environmental lessons bundle
- Human impact - looking after the environement
- Greta Thunberg
- Endangered animals
- Water Pollution
- Green house gases
- Coral Bleaching