This comprehensive ‘Save the Bees Resource Package’ contains loads of information about: the different types of bees, bee anatomy, the life cycle of a bee, the queen bee, the worker bees, drones, bee hives and nests, humans and bees, honey, bees wax, and why bees are endangered and what we can do about it. This resource package contains a variety of different activities including interactive notebook pages, graphic organizers, task cards, reading activities, writing activities, formative assessment activities, and an end of unit inquiry project.
Table of Contents:
1. Bees KWL
2. Student self assessment (before/after learning)
3. Bee vocabulary word cards
4. Bee vocabulary cutting and pasting activity
5. Bee word search
6. Illustrate the vocabulary words activity
7. Parts of the bee poster
8. Parts of the bee definition task cards
9. Parts of the bee following directions activity
10. Types of bees research activity (Includes research information pamphlet, directions and graphic organizer).
11. The honey bee life cycle poster
12. The honey bee life cycle interactive notebook activity
13. Honey bee facts information poster
14. About the hive information poster
15. Queen bee facts poster
16. The queen bee interactive notebook flower activity
17. All about the drones and worker bees poster
18. A day in a life of a bee story writing activity (includes: planning graphic organizer, directions, writing paper, and self assessment page).
19. Honey bee communication and waggle dance poster
20. Honey information poster
21. Exploring the 5 senses with honey graphic organizer
22. Bees wax information poster
23. Bees and humans: how do bees help humans interactive notebook information pie
24. Bee Keepers information poster
25. Pretend you are a beekeeper writing exercise
26. Bees and pollination information poster
27. Bees and pollination fact foldable
28. The parts of the flower information poster
29. The food web and honey bees cutting and pasting activity
30. Bees and extinction information poster
31. Save the bees newspaper article partner activity (includes: directions, graphic organizer, and writing paper).
32. Speak for the bees! Write a letter to the editor or politician (includes directions, graphic organizer, and writing paper).
33. How to set up a bee refreshment station
34. Partner list game
35. People bingo: Honey bee edition
36. Ticket out the door: What did you learn about bees?
37. Bees inquiry project (Includes: directions, graphic organizer, writing paper, and self assessment page).