Save the Earth! Students use critical thinking and creativity to come up with ideas to stop an impeding asteroid. A great science or STEM activity to get students excited about space. The activity is flexible and can be tailored to fit your time constraints. Additional background is provided on the resources page including real strategies being developed by scientists and engineers. STEM career connection is included.
1) Students brainstorm methods to stop a possible asteroid from landing on Earth.
2) Students draw a diagram of their top idea.
3) Students write a description of their idea.
*Aligned to National Science Standards*
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches!
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Check Out Our Related Products!
SAVE with bundle that includes this activity: Space Math Activity Bundle
Math and Sports STEM Activities/Project: Ratios and Proportions (FULL)
Science and Engineering STEM Critical Thinking Challenges
Math and Music Activity/Project: Ratios and Proportions
Summer/End of School STEM Activity Calendar: Fun with Math and Science!
Science Icebreaker Game: What Am I?