I have tried to integrate my experiences as a captain in the army into these materials. With this purchase you will get loads of information to help you and your students better understand the movie and many different options for engaging your students with this movie. You get:
• A three page background information sheet with a twenty question True/False quiz so that students understand the “big picture” and can place the events of the movie into a broader context. Two maps of the strategic and tactical situation on D-Day are included.
• One to two writing prompts for each 35 minute segment of the movie plus a list of characters and descriptions of each.
• A fifteen-page glossary of 70 terms used in the movie. Twenty-seven pictures are also included in the glossary. This helps in differentiation because your more curious students can explore a little more by looking up items in the glossary
• Five pages of questions and answers about the movie that my students have asked over the years. I also include comments about several military things that make the movie more understandable.
• A ten question, post-movie, True/False quiz to hold students accountable when viewing
• A unique and excellent critical thinking exercise that will get the entire class involved
Best Wishes with this powerful movie,
The Past is a Blast