This Engine-Uity Reading Center (we call it a Porta-Center) explores "Savvy" by Ingrid Law. It contains:
(1) a Worksheet (Knowledge and Comprehension levels of Bloom's Taxonomy),
(2) an Answer Key for the Worksheet,
(3) eight uniquely shaped task cards (two each from the Application, Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation levels of Bloom's Taxonomy),
(4) a comprehensive Teachers Guide,
(5) and a colorful folder cover to help you put together and implement the center.
As the name implies, this is a PORTABLE literature center: one that is ideal for individualized reading or for reading groups. If the student can read "Savvy" independently, he can do the center. First, he reads the entire story. Second, he takes the reading test (aka the Worksheet) to show that he has understood what he has read. If he answers most of these questions correctly, the student then chooses one of the task cards and does a project that requires him to go deeper into and farther beyond the story than do traditional study guides. (After all, this is BLOOM'S TAXONOMY.) Finally, he shares what he has discovered by means of the oral, visual, written, kinesthetic, or technological product that the task specifies.
SUGGESTION: When you print the task cards use heavy, colored paper. You may also want to laminate the cards or cover them with clear Con-Tact.