The end of second grade is a bittersweet time! Celebrate a great year in second grade with this unit of writing reflections, memory book activities, and other sentimental goodies!
• Look How Much __________ Has Grown in Second Grade! (Cover) Every year, I make a little book for each student that includes writing samples from the beginning and end of the year. I send this home to parents so they can see how much their child’s writing skills have progressed! The students LOVE seeing their writing from the beginning of the year. You can use your own writing samples, or use the included pages (listed below).
• Beginning of Second Grade – Students write name, date, and a sentence or two. They draw a picture. Save this for the end of the year to be included in the “Look How Much ________ Has Grown...” book!
• This is a Picture of Me at the Beginning of Second Grade
• End of Second Grade – Students write name, date, and several sentences/or paragraph about second grade!
• This is a Picture of Me at the End of Second Grade
• End of Second Grade Reflection: Students write about the first grade year.
• Full page of blank lines with school girl/pencil clip art
• Second Grade Memories (Cover) – Use this as the cover to a memory book. You can assemble ANY of the pages in this unit into a memory book.
• My Favorite... Students list favorite subject, lesson, school supply, etc.
• Second Grade Autographs
• What Did I Learn in Second Grade? Pre-writing web: Students draw four things they learned in second grade.
• I Learned So Much in Second Grade! Students write paragraph about what they learned in second grade.
• My Favorite Memory from Second Grade: Write about a favorite memory.
• Second Grade Friends: Write about new friends made in second grade
• My Second Grade Teacher: Write about second grade teacher
• The Best Part of Second Grade: Write about the best part of second grade
• Second Grade Cinquain Poem Planning Sheet: Use this to plan a cinquain poem about second grade (Sentence, 2 adjectives, 3 verbs, sentence, one word)
• Second Grade Cinquain Poem Sheet: Write final copies of poem on this page.
• Second Grade Acrostic Poem
• Dear New Second Grader Letter (2: boy clipart/girl clipart): Students write a letter to new second graders. They offer advice and tell them about what to expect in second grade!
• The Best Book I Read in Second Grade: Students write the title/why the book is the “best”/draw a picture.
• Congrats, _________! End of year award: Complete for students and give out on the last day of school. Fill in student name and sign the bottom.
• I’m Glad I was Your Teacher Poem – Give out this well-known poem to your students at the end of the year!
Please be sure to leave feedback! Thank you so much!