PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This was $5.00 for the first nine hours!!! Coming next is Volume 1--I know that's backwards!
In education, scaffolding refers to a variety of instructional techniques used to move students progressively toward stronger understanding and, ultimately, greater independence in the learning process.
Instructional scaffolding is a process through which a teacher adds supports for students in order to enhance learning and aid in the mastery of tasks. The teacher does this by systematically building on students' experiences and knowledge as they are learning and mastering new skills.
Tips for scaffolding children's learning
This is a daily, highly scaffolded approach to performance task writing that is perfect to help get your students writing good, solid, detailed responses. Students will learn how to break down the prompt to ensure they understand what it is asking/telling them to do, how many paragraphs they should write to answer the prompt completely, etc. More importantly, this writing is text-based/standards-based--just like it is on the state test!
This is designed as WE DO classwork because that's how I use it in my classroom; however, you can also use it as classwork in a center or as a warm up for writing if your students aren't struggling or are only struggling in certain areas. As students gain mastery, you may release them from the "WE DO" and move them into the "I DO" to begin measuring their independent abilities. Every student is different; therefore, they will move at different times.
This is for use by one teacher in one classroom. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase a multiple license. This really was a lot of work for me, and it is the fair/honest thing to do.
Click the preview to see what a week looks like.
What do you get in this product?
1. Nine text-dependent, state-released writing prompts (three are paired passages)
2. A set of framed sentences to help your students become master analysis writers
3. Fully explained and stepped out process of each prompt to help students learn how to respond to prompts with automaticity
4. Set of transitions to help you students become master writers
5. The prompt page for actually responding to the prompt
6. A framed prompt page--This page is a model response to the prompt that has had some words removed. Students who have been guided through the process should be able to complete this page independently. Afterward, they should rewrite the entire response on the prompt page. This is part of the process of them learning to write through the scaffolded approach.
7. A model response
Approximate Lexile Levels of Included Texts:
920, Passage 1: 630, Passage 2: 1200, 530, 630, 600, 1100, Passage 1: 760, Passage 2: 580, 760, Passage 1: 760, Passage 2: 780
As of right now, the answer key is not included and model response/framed response is not included for all prompts, but they are coming soon!!! Don't forget--As I add to this product, you get the updates for free if you have already purchased it.