TEKS 8.10a Describe the resulting effects on perimeter and area when the dimensions of a shape are changed proportionally.
Your task is to complete all five cards.
• Use the “given” shape in the center of each card to answer the questions in each section of the card.
• Show all your work and thinking in the spaces provided. Use numbers and words to justify your thinking.
• When done with all 5 cards, answer the two questions on the Reflections: Scale Away card.
• Staple the 5 cards and your Reflection sheet together and turn in to your teacher.
Teacher note- make sure to provide enough copies of each of the 5 cards and the reflection sheet so that all students have a copy to write on.
Sample of Reflection:
1. If a scale factor is applied to a figure, how will the perimeter of the new figure be affected?
2. If a scale factor is applied to a figure, how will the area of the new figure be affected?