These scarcity and choice activities were designed as a cross curricular economics unit. They will help your students learn what scarcity is, how it is caused, and how they can help make better choices to limit its effects. Social Studies, reading, and writing lessons are all included in this unit.
This product is part of my Economics Bundle. Click on the link below to check out the bundle and save money!
Economics Bundled Unit!
Please view the preview prior to purchasing to make sure these activities are a good fit for your grade level.
1. Scarcity and Choice Simulation Activity
2. Writing Prompt (2 prompts are included to allow for differentiation)
3. Wants vs. Needs Cut and Paste Activity
4. What is Scarcity Mini Book (color and blackline versions included)
5. Scarcity Cause and Effect Matching Activity (answer key included)
6. Photo Writing Prompts and Questions (8 scarcity photos included for your students to answer writing prompt questions. Works well as a write the room, whole class, or writing center activity)
C3 Social Studies Standard
Using examples, explain why people cannot have everything they want (scarcity) and describe how people respond (choice).
With prompting and support, read information texts appropriately complex for grade 1.
With guidance and support from adults, recall information from experience or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
If you like this product, you can check out my other economics unit, BY CLICKING HERE!
28 pages total= 2(TOU/Credit pages), 2 (Teacher instruction pages),24 (Student Activity pages)