Scarecrow Vocabulary : Jargon Journal Vocabulary Curriculum
Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary curriculum tied to picture books.
This unit correlates with the book Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant.
Students practice 4 vocabulary words each week and record their thinking in an interactive journal.
The packet includes:
• Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
• Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
• Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
• Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
• Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
→ Save 25%
by purchasing this set as part of the Jargon Journal Fall Bundle
→ Save over 30%
by purchasing this set as part of the Jargon Journal Year Bundle
★ Read more about this product and how to implement a "weekly words" vocabulary program.
★ Read more about vocabulary instruction here: Why is vocabulary instruction important?
Try out the program with our FREE Jargon Journal Scaredy Squirrel Unit
Connect with us! • Second Story Window