Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary curriculum tied to picture books. This unit correlates with the book Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant. Students practice 4 vocabulary words each week and record their thinking in an interactive journal.
The packet includes:
• Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
• Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
• Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
• Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
• Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)