Scaredy Squirrel : Jargon Journal Vocabulary Curriculum
Download this unit for FREE to see what our Jargon Journal Vocabulary Curriculum is all about!
Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary curriculum tied to picture books.
This unit correlates with the book Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
. Students practice 4 vocabulary words each week and record their thinking in an interactive journal.
The packet includes:
• Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
• Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
• Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
• Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
This free unit does NOT include the vocabulary foldable flap for use in an interactive notebook. That can be found in any paid unit as well as the Tools for Vocabulary Instruction Resource Pack.
This item coordinates with our other Jargon Journal products.
★ Read more about this product and how to implement a "weekly words" vocabulary program.
★ Read more about vocabulary instruction here: Why is vocabulary instruction important?
You may also be interested in:
- Tools for Vocabulary Instruction - Companion Resources
- Our other Jargon Journal units
Connect with us! • Second Story Window